Our first blog covered all you need to know about the Minelab Equinox 600 and Minelab Equinox 700.
Rather than following an ascendant order, the Australian metal detector brand launched the 600 and 800 back in January 2018 and then the 700 and 900 in 2022.
In this blog, we will explore the features of the Equinox 800 and Equinox 900 models:
Minelab Equinox 800
Entry-level and professional detectorists agree that Minelab Equinox 800 is the best detector compared to other devices in the market within the same price range.
The iron bias feature is a unique feature of the Minelab Equinox 800. This feature allows the user to get more depth when searching for gold and other non-ferrous metals like silver. Moreover, the recovery speed and iron bias features can be gauged to help detect valuable ferrous and non-ferrous items.
Remember that electromagnetic pulse induction tracks metal within a magnetic field; therefore, those metals with poor electrical conductivity have low permeability and have a lighter reaction to electromagnetic fields. This means you may need to play with the settings, shifting from high to low and increasing the recovery settings to unmask low conductors from the iron.
The most advanced of all three models, the Minelab Equinox 800 offers an impressive boost in performance when compared to its predecessors: it has an increased depth range that reaches up to 11 inches (27 cm), which means that finding valuable metals like gold coins or jewelry will be easier.
Minelab Equinox 800 also comes equipped with advanced ground-balancing technology.
Perfect for beach expeditions since it’s waterproof up to three meters
The Equinox 800 is an excellent choice for beginners. It has an easy-to-use interface and a myriad of cool features:
- Detect Modes: Park, Beach, Field, and Gold.
- Length 1440 mm (56.7″)
- Weight: 1.34 kg (2.96 lbs)
- Standard Coil (EQX 11). 11-inch Double-D Smart coil with skid plate (waterproof to 3m/10′)
- Multi IQ is another feature that distinguishes this model from others: it operates simultaneously on multiple frequencies. It includes four single frequencies and a multifrequency mode (5 kHz, 10 kHz, 15 kHz, 20 kHz, and 40 kHz). The Equinox 800 and 600 function identically when running the Multi IQ mode. The only difference is the 800 can employ the 20 kHz and 40 kHz frequencies singly.
Its quality-price ratio, breakthrough tracking tech, lightweight components, and incredible settings make it one of the most fantastic metal detectors on the market.
The EQUINOX 800 has one more feature than the EQUINOX 600: the Gold Mode. This mode operates high single frequencies of 20 or 40 kHz, optimum for gold nuggets.
Get your Equinox 800’ starting at $899.00.
Minelab Equinox 900
The Minelab Equinox 900 is the most powerful model of the Equinox line. It’s a full-sized, waterproof metal detector with all the features of its siblings and then some.
It’s like an amalgamation of all three other models combined into one perfect package: It has two interchangeable coils (5″ and 11″), wireless Bluetooth audio output, a 5″ concentric coil (suitable for shallow hunting conditions), and an 11″ concentric coil (suitable for deeper hunting conditions),with adjustable sensitivity controls that can be set according to soil type and ground mineralization. It includes automatic ground balance adjustment functions, so you won’t have to worry about manual adjustments when changing locations or if it becomes windy outside.
The Minelab Equinox 900 is a full-sized, waterproof metal detector that can be used both above and below water. It has a 10′ depth rating in water and two interchangeable 5″ and 11″ coils for different hunting conditions.
The Equinox 900 has adjustable sensitivity controls that can be set according to soil type and ground mineralization, as well as automatic ground balance adjustment functions, so you won’t have to worry about manual adjustments when changing locations or if it becomes windy outside – this will save you time!
Despite being very similar to the Minelab equinox 700, the Equinox 900 includes these extra features:
- 4 x Search Modes. Park, Field, Beach & Gold.
- 8 x Custom Search Profiles.
- User Profile Button.
- Operating Frequencies. Multi, 4, 5, 10, 15, 20, 40 kHz.
- Sensitivity levels 1 – 28.
- Threshold Pitch 0 – 25.
- Tone Break. Ferrous, Non-ferrous (t1, t2, t3, t4).
- Tone Pitch. All tones are adjustable: 0 to 25.
- Tone Volume. All tones are adjustable: 0 to 25.
- Recovery Speed. 1 – 8.
- Display & Keypad Backlight, Red. Off, High, Medium, Low.
- Vibration Mode. On, Off per Tone Region.
- Coil. EQX11 11″ Double-D coil with skid plate, EQX06 6″ Coil with skid plate.
- Length. Collapsed: 61 cm (24 in) – Extended: 144 cm (56.7 in).
- Weight. 1.27 kg (2.8 lbs).
The Minelab Equinox 900 is the best choice for experienced users who want to find gold nuggets or large pieces of metal buried deep underground.
Get yours at $1,099.00 on our website!
Find Exclusive Deals On Minelab Equinox!
Find exclusive sales on Minelab and get free USA & Canada shipping with a purchase worth $149 or more!
If you have any questions about these devices, don’t hesitate to contact us!
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Detectorpowerus
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/detectorpowerusa/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@detectorpower9976
- Website: https://detectorpower.com
Or chat with us and receive 24/7 assistance: https://bit.ly/ChatDetectorPower.
We are waiting to answer any of your questions via WhatsApp (+1-786-909-3320)!